Roasted Delicata Squash Pizza
- 1 delicata squash, halved and seeded
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Your favorite pizza toppings (such as pepperoni, sausage, mushrooms, onions, peppers, etc.)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Cut the delicata squash into 1/2-inch thick slices.
- Toss the squash slices with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Place the squash slices on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Roast the squash for 20-25 minutes, or until tender.
- Spread the pizza sauce over the roasted squash slices.
- Top with the mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses.
- Add your favorite pizza toppings.
- Return the pizza to the oven and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Let the pizza cool slightly before slicing and serving.
- For a crispier crust, prebake the pizza dough for 5 minutes before adding the sauce and toppings.
- If you don't have a pizza stone, you can bake the pizza on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Be creative with your toppings! Try adding roasted vegetables, goat cheese, or a balsamic drizzle.
Why use delicata squash?
Delicata squash is a delicious and versatile winter vegetable. It has a mild, sweet flavor and a creamy texture. Delicata squash is also a good source of vitamins A and C, as well as fiber.
Enjoy your delicious and healthy delicata squash pizza!