Creamy Leek and Mushroom Pasta
- 8 oz (about 225g) fettuccine or your favorite pasta
- 2 large leeks, cleaned and thinly sliced
- 8 oz (about 225g) mushrooms, sliced (cremini or button mushrooms work well)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley, chopped (for garnish)
1. Cook the Pasta:
- Cook the pasta according to the package instructions in a large pot of salted boiling water. Drain and set aside.
2. Sauté Leeks and Mushrooms:
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil and 2 tablespoons of butter over medium heat.
- Add the sliced leeks and cook until they are softened.
- Add the sliced mushrooms and minced garlic, sautéing until the mushrooms are golden brown.
3. Prepare Cream Sauce:
- Pour in the heavy cream and remaining 1 tablespoon of butter. Stir well to combine.
- Allow the cream to simmer for a few minutes until it thickens slightly.
4. Add Parmesan Cheese:
- Stir in the grated Parmesan cheese, allowing it to melt into the sauce.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Combine with Pasta:
- Add the cooked pasta to the skillet, tossing it gently to coat it evenly with the creamy leek and mushroom sauce.
6. Garnish and Serve:
- Garnish the dish with chopped fresh parsley for a burst of freshness and color.
- Serve immediately, with additional Parmesan cheese on the side for those who desire an extra sprinkle.
This Creamy Leek and Mushroom Pasta is a symphony of flavors that come together effortlessly. It's a perfect dish for busy evenings when you crave something comforting and indulgent. Enjoy the rich and creamy goodness with every forkful!