Classic Oysters Rockefeller
Indulge in the richness of Virginia oysters with this classic Oysters Rockefeller recipe. Savor the briny goodness of freshly shucked oysters, topped with a flavorful blend of sautéed spinach, aromatic garlic, and a hint of anise from Pernod liqueur. The crispy Parmesan breadcrumb topping adds the perfect finishing touch. Discover the essence of Virginia's seafood bounty in every bite.
- Fresh Virginia oysters
- Pernod or anise-flavored liqueur
- Bread crumbs
- Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat your oven to 450°F (232°C).
- In a pan, sauté chopped spinach and minced garlic in butter until wilted.
- Add a splash of Pernod to the spinach mixture and cook for an additional minute.
- Shuck the Virginia oysters and place them on a baking sheet.
- Top each oyster with the spinach mixture, bread crumbs, and a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the oysters are cooked through and the topping is golden brown.