Blueberry Balsamic Chicken
Blueberry Balsamic Chicken is a delicious and easy-to-make recipe that is perfect for a weeknight meal. The sweet and tart flavors of the blueberries and balsamic vinegar are a perfect complement to the chicken, and the dish can be made in under 30 minutes. Serve with a side of roasted vegetables or rice for a complete meal.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Cook chicken breasts in the skillet for 5-7 minutes per side, or until cooked through.
- Remove chicken breasts from the skillet and place them in a baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine balsamic vinegar, blueberries, and basil.
- Pour balsamic vinegar mixture over chicken breasts.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, or until chicken is heated through and blueberries are softened.
- Serve immediately.
- You can also use bone-in, skin-on chicken breasts for this recipe. Just increase the cooking time by 5-10 minutes.
- If you don't have balsamic vinegar, you can use red wine vinegar or white wine vinegar instead.
- You can also add other herbs to the balsamic vinegar mixture, such as thyme, rosemary, or oregano.
- Serve this dish with a side of roasted vegetables or rice.